Monday 14 February 2011

Coming Clean..... The Naked Truth!

Chubby Cherub..

Truth be told, I didn't do so well on the diet last week... buoyed by my 11lb loss, I got complacent. Thanks to the return of pre-dinner drinks and, (egged on by the sproglets,) several experimental desserts featuring chocolate and cream, I lost just 1lb last week!

'Nooooo,' squealed I. 'Can't be so.' The scales initially had me gaining 1lb!!!

My weighing scales are in the dairy/walk in larder/bloody cold room just off the kitchen, so, feeling sure the scales were wrong and that I was probably wearing exceptionally heavy clothes, I shed the layers. (Don't panic, the etched glass in the thin strip of window protected my immodesty!)

I wasn't expecting to lose anything really, not after my quaffing during the week.....still, I feigned surprise at the lack of progress as the shelves of food wolf-whistled at me!

Even at zero degrees and nude, I didn't make the 2lb target loss. Sad and cold I vowed to be better. Mind you, it's a difficult day to shed pounds, as there's a bottle of champagne with hubby and my name on it lurking in the fridge...... fortunately champagne is great for malaise I hear...  

Banana anyone??

6 comments:

  1. Ah, the rigors of dieting -- and the months and weeks are booby trapped with "food" -- Valentines and champagne and chocolate! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we do inthe name of beauty - oooohhh I feel cold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weight watchers magic food ... bananas! happy cupid's arrow day to you all in the u.k.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the banana a special Valentine's treat? Or are you going to eat it? I know you're not going to let this past the moderation so ha ha - have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a plateau! And I firmly believe that without wine, our metabolisms would slow to a crawl...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, scales are over-rated!! it's the inches lost around the waist that count, the clothes that fit better, the renewed energy!

    OK, I don't have any of those either.

    Champagne, please!

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon