Tuesday 4 March 2014

Pancakes for tea....

Free range eggs are the best!
The colour of our free range egg yolks is a Crayola yellow, the yellow a child would choose for the sun.

Tonight on the Pancake Day menu:

Ludlow Sausage and sweet mustard.... in a pancake 
or
Prawns and bacon in a cream sauce.. ditto..
 
Pud
Trad sugar and lemon... in a crepe (posh word for same recipe above!)
or
Ice cream on top of the sugar and lemon #naughty!
 
 
Even more fun, the sproglets are insisting on cooking their own. #Day-off... No doubt the kitchen will be a disaster zone by 8pm. Onward and upward.


4 comments:

  1. Good luck in tidying the kitchen! Those eggs look divine by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen was remarkably ok. The pancakes were amazing. I couldn't do without hens or good eggs now.

      In the incubator I'm just watching 2 of 12 eggs begin to hatch. So exciting every time. x

      Delete
  2. My little darlings have stopped laying for the winter and have not noticed spring is just around the corner. The pancake stuffings sound delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have returned to lay in the past month and now I get 5 eggs from 5 hens per day. I am mum to 5 chicks and today another 12 have begun to hatch. I'm determined to raise meat birds as well as eggs (as we love chicken here and I'm more sure that my birds will be happy, organic and drug free.) Still nervous about the process though, but I'm off to learn from a farm manager soon.

      The pancake stuffings were lush! x

      Delete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon