Monday, 4 July 2011

SNAAAAAAAKEEEE!!!

Today I heard a noise in the walled garden and thought it might be a strange bird. Wandering outside I was greeted by Benny. I assumed he'd caught a bunny or maybe a toad and that the poor thing was screaming in pain. What I wasn't expecting was an enormous snake. It was more than a metre long. I'm pretty sure it's a grass snake.... or anaconda or a python.
Yikes! Can't believe I didn't swear on camera. Can I have a sticker for bravery? I'm still shaking. Could've eaten the cat!!

[If you can't see the video in the email you MUST click on the post title and view online... you've got to see this]
video


Regardless of the heat, I may garden in very long wellies from now on.... come to think of it, where are Hubbies waders?

Do you know what? All through that experience all I could think of was 'Can I pick it up? If I do try to pick it up which end will I go for?'

Do you think there's something wrong with me? .... It was a hot day and I'd been in the sun.

I wonder if some of my summer visitors might cancel now...... mind you most of our pals are made of sterner stuff..... excepting my Dad, who has an Indiana Jones relationship with snakes..

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon