Friday, 31 January 2014

A Walk on the wild side...

I've taken to having a quick constitutional each morning before I feed the animals and launch into the day proper. It's a constant battle with myself to leave the confines of the warm car. Every day, as I drive back from school drop-off to my starting point, I negotiate in my head:

'No need to go today, I went yesterday.....'
'Bit rainy today, best not, might be slippy...'
'Oh fog. Not today then....'

Fortunately the feeling I get after having completed the 30 mins, overrules the moaning-minny in my head and so I set of in wellies, hat, gloves and armed with latest podcast: (Gardeners' Question Time, Gardening with Tim and Joe or the True album by Avicii) to conquer my Mt. Everest.

I walk up a long incline towards a hill top that overlooks the world.... well, Shropshire. To be truthful, I've not yet reached the top of that hill, fearful of the sound of my blood pumping in my ears, (not quite fit yet then!) The sheep look petrified as I pass, 'specially if I'm singing along to something trendy without knowing all the words..



Each day is different..




I'm even beginning to feel a little trimmer....... Wonder if the alpaca might like to pop out with me on their halters in the summer... now that would be an adventure. 

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon