Wednesday 23 June 2010

This house is inundated with fairies....


A couple of nights ago, long past bed time, the 7yo wandered downstairs in her pink PJ's. Usually she's back down looking for food as she hardly gets anything to eat during the day: Oh wait, that is if you don't count a cooked breakfast like scrambled egg on toast, biscuit break at school with milk plus a two course lunch and cake break in the afternoon with juice! Oh yes and the huge dinner I provide, (the Irish mother in me doesn't trust that the sproglets will have eaten enough nutrients/their body weight during the day,) followed by a pudding and often cheese and biscuits..... ! BTW, there's not a pick on her or the 5yo... I, on the other hand....

Anyhoo...

'No more food!' I said before she had time to open her cute Springwatch gaping beak..

'I don't want food, I just can't suck my thumb because my wobbly tooth is annoying me.'

The tooth next to a front tooth has been precarious for some considerable time.

'Oh dear,' I said, in that matter-of-fact-stuff-and-nonsense-way that British mothers have when they're tired, the house is a pig sty, the garden needs watering and the husband has just asked for shirts to be ironed sometime this month.

'Why don't you pull it out? Good girl, back to bed now.'

She stomped off.

Two minutes later she was back, the 5yo in tow. He was well impressed.

'She pulled her tooth out mummy. We're going to show Daddy and give him the heeby-jeebies.'
(Daddy's not keen on these teeth matters.)

Later that night hubby and I checked on the babies sleeping. In the 7yo's room there was a little note.......



I'm pleased to say that the Fairy came and complied with instructions. She also left £1, probably because she couldn't find a 50p in her purse!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my what an adorable letter. Maxi is the same with food, he has breakfast, snack, lunch with desert, snack, sandich as soon as home, fruit, dinner with desert and often porridge before bed and he is stick thin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the whimsy of having little ones so much.Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheMadHouse: We're being eaten out of house and home!

    James: It is fun, everyone tells me it goes so fast. It's one of the reasons for writing the blog and it encourages me to take photo snaps more often.. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son has pulled out 3 of his wobbly teeth these past 7 months. His desparate to get some hard cash towards the next Star Wars Lego toy he wants !!!! He also keeps asking me if I'm the Tooth Fairy - I'm still trying to avoid answering. My kids would eat all day too given half the chance, and always need a top up at bedtime. Cute letter from your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'It's YOU isn't it? You're the Tooth fairy.' This is all I get these days. 'Do you think I've got nothing better to do than waste money on you lot' doesn't seem to cut it. I want a letter like that - priceless!

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon