Monday 8 February 2010

The Auctions.....


I love going to the auctions. We are lacking in furniture here at Chez Larches and the auctions offer a cheap solution to our needs, especially as our Sweedish stuff looks completely out of place now. It appears that no one seems to want the mid Victorian oak furniture so it goes for a song and it matches the age of the house. Last month I bought seven pieces including a huge beige Persian-like rug for the sitting room and two interesting tables with drawers. The whole lot cost £180.

Have you heard, there may be snow again later this week? Boo Hissss. Husband has finally agreed that we need a 4x4 and has enlisted expert help to ensure we get a good one at an auction this week....no more missed school for my two darlings..ha,ha, she laughed like a pantomime villian.....what a clever mummy and daddy.

I'll let you know the outcome later, unless we're snowed in tonight and you never hear from us again. OMG! As I type I notice a little snow is beginning to fall....Noooooooo!

1 comment:

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon