Tuesday 12 January 2010

Back to the olden days..


The ploy over lunch didn't work so yesterday I found myself alone on the drive digging the cars out. I was going to complain, shouting through the window at the warm family, until I realised that I was quite enjoying the white solitude. It would be good for me and would ensure children would be at school tomorrow.

Husband materialised later to let me know that we have no oil - the stuff that magically makes everything work in the house. No heating or hot water tonight. Deep joy, not! Happily he has ordered some...hurrah for husband. The delivery will occur a week on Tuesday...boo for husband!

I insisted we eat dinner by candlelight. I'm not sure why I did this but I may have been inspired by the open fires and lack of heat anywhere out of range of said fires. The downstairs loo is particularly bracing and would seriously benefit from a heated loo seat! The children were intrigued, but not in a good way. 'I can't see my dinner,' commented the seven year old. 'This is how they ate in the olden days,' I explained, 'before they had invented lights. In fact, before they had even invented TV.' They looked at me as if I was making this up, surely there has always been TV! 'Mummy?' enquired the five year old. 'Do you remember the dinosaurs?' Can you withhold pudding for comments like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon