Thursday 7 January 2010

Bitchin' in an ice ditch


Monday 4th January 2010.
Slid and got the car stuck in an ice ditch today, a butch farmer pulled me out with his tractor. Apparently the Shropshire ice cap should melt by February after which it will rain for 6 months - all according to the farmer! The four year old who is now the five year old was in the back of the car watching A Knights Tale (PG - I was desperate). It must be a good film as he didn't notice our dilemma and only got cross when I restarted the engine and the telly turned off.

Some incidents are best not explained to the husband but when the farmer asked me where the tow hook was and I looked blank I was forced to call him. Luckily I had my mobile with me, unfortunately it hadn't been charged since last year. I borrowed the farmer's phone and left a very terse message which ended not in 'I hate you for no reason,' but with a better sentence; ' I WISH you'd answer your phone!'

The tractor's tow rope went taut around the back axel (I have no idea what I just wrote there I'm just repeating what the farmer said) and we were pulled backwards from the ravine - slight exageration.

That night husband was victorious; 'I can't leave you guys for a moment can I? Something always happens when I go away.' I loath the fact that this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon