Thursday, 15 July 2010

The countryside and the Fighter Planes


My heart races occasionally, it's not angina (I hope) it's more likely the low level military aircraft that zoom over the house en route to sneak up the valley, over Ludlow and under the radar at Clee Hill. The sound of them penetrates your entire body. If I'm gardening it can make me tearful; so awesome the sound.

Sometimes I briefly consider what it must be like in a war-torn environment with the sound of these aircraft approaching; seconds to spare as the metal monster bears down on its target. I push the thought from my mind as soon as possible.

Investigating these planes I found a brilliant site, its pictures exquisite. Take a peek if you have the time: http://www.targeta.co.uk/low_level_uklfs.htm

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon