Last night I planned to go to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house. (Allegedly Pampered Chef is like a Sloanie Tupperware Party) I had the whole evening planned out so I could drive the 30 odd miles to the party as soon as hubby returned from work. This was the plan:
1. Put a big cow pie in the oven. Set the timer to cook it to be ready to eat at 6pm (planning see, ahead already!)
2. Take kids to swimming lesson after school (and tire them out, yeah)
3. Feed them said cow pie and steamed veg from garden. (Holy aren't I?)
4. Put kids to bed (ahead of schedule by lying to them, telling them it's really late)
5. Shower and change. Apply make up!
6. As he walks through the door, hand responsibility baton to hubby, mentioning to him that his cow pie is still warm'ish in the oven and then I'm OUTAHERE! Party!
Hmmmph! What actually happened:
1. Set oven timer and temperature but FORGOT to actually put cow pie IN the oven... (grrr)
2. Picked up kids to be told that 7yo had a growth on her head that needed investigating by the doctor asap... (bit scary)
3. Broke it to the 5yo that there was no swimming, (he bawled and bawled, he is The Man from Atlantis.... god do you remember that?!)
4. At doctor's, head pronounced fit and healthy (phew!)
5. Got home to find invisible cow pie cooking.... put a new visible cow pie in oven whilst muttering profanities!
6. Fed the kids... Yes, it was visible cow pie and steamed veg, (at least I can tick one box on my plan)
7. Put babies to bed, where they didn't stay. ('We're hungry, can we have water, can you look at my toe, what time is Daddy home?.....')
8. Get phone call from hubby saying he would be v. late... (sigh)
9. Had a gin and tonic; a big one!