Monday, 5 July 2010

Tagged......

Ooooo I've been tagged by Victoria over at hibiscus bloem and need to answer 5 questions... being that the questions are not too scary I have acquiesced...

BTW, I love Victoria's site, a British girl living in the Netherlands, she has an eclectic site, filled with things that take her (and my) fancy.

1. What's your favourite season?
Spring without a doubt. My spring starts in February and ends in July. This is my personal planting season.

2. Best holiday/vacation you've ever had?
Possibly the one where I went to Corfu in 1986'ish and came home in 1987'ish!!! Shirley Valentine eat your heart out. I was young and unattached'ish!

3. Would you consider any form of cosmetic surgery?
OMG! I consider it EVERY day. Bosoms need to be lifted about 2 storeys, oh and reduced. Stomach flattened. Bingo wings pinned up. Waddle neck stretched back. Witch chin amended! .....(Can I just say that I would never get these things done as I'm too chicken, but a girl can dream. Also, although I joke about wanting this restoration work done, I'm utterly happy in my current body. Poor hubby.)

4. Do you have a favourite recipe you'd like to share?
Slow Baked Lamb. Get a shoulder of lamb (it's a cheaper cut and has a little marbled fat = more flavour.) Turn oven to 170°. On the skin side score into it, making diamond incisions. Anoint the meat with olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, lime juice and some vegetable seasoning. Place in a deep roasting tray over washed, halved potatoes (I leave their skins on as I'm lazy.) Drizzle more oil and salt on potatoes, place a sprig/bunch of rosemary on top of the meat and roast for about 2 hours or until the fat has turned crispy and the meat runs clear. Serve with mint sauce and a big cold salad. Juice from the roasting tray makes great gravy.

5. If you won a million (euros, pounds, dollars etc) what would you do?
Wotstheexchangerate?! I'd mend the house, buying in original features from c.1840 and ripping out THAT hideous ensuite!

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon