Thursday, 22 July 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes......



Two days ago the 5yo needed to see the doctor for a minor repair, he ate his lunch extra slowly not wanting to go.

'That's it,' said I; a phrase I'm fond of. '......your lunch (tuna mayo and toast) is going into the fridge and you can have it later.

..... But lunch was forgotten, for a very good reason: In a little town nearby there is the most evil shop, an olde fashioned sweet shop with tall glass jars filled with smells and promises and things to rot your teeth. After a well behaved doctor visit, we visited the den of sin and I purchased two traffic-light gobstoppers the size of the sproglet's heads! We almost had to return to the doctor after the 7yo put hers in her mouth but struggled to get it back out again. We three had a deal; they would only lick the candy (.... hopefully for the entire 9 weeks of the holidays! A bargain at 50p each.)

Later that night, long after the babies were scraped off the ceiling from their sugar-high and put to bed, I rediscovered boy's lunch and fed it to the cats.

Mid-day yesterday, as he munched a sandwich, the 5yo turned to me and said,

'Mummy, don't forget, I need the lunch I had yesterday tomorrow.'

!

I'm off now to shake the cats.

Picture courtesy of The Pink Sweet Shop

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon