Thursday 24 February 2011

Smitten...I want to be a Fashionista in the Garden....

I preempt this blog post with one of those Girl Guide stylee oaths.....

I Lou-Lou, being of sound mind (!) and softer body (more gardening required)
do solemnly swear that I know not of any lawful impediment
why I shouldn't big up any products I love, if they take my fancy.....that is on account of not being paid (boo-hoo) to do so
and because I refuse to have advertising on my blog as there's only space for me, ME, MEEE!


Well you know the spiel, I'm only drawing your attention to the fact that I don't take 'sweetners' to write about products etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm sooooo not against this, it's just not something I've considered doing yet.

Therefore it is with complete impunity and a giggling girl's enthusiasm that I tell you, I want to be a GardenGirl. I saw their little ad in a posh mag at the dentists and pow! I was in love. I need to look like the owner, founder, genius of GardenGirl, she's called Petra Maison..... how cool is that name. (Please Petra, I promise I'm no weirdo, I'm just smitten with the clothes.)

Look at the trousers, there are pockets EVERYWHERE and you can get knee pads that slot in to yet another pocket for kneely-down work. Plus the fabric looks so cool and elegant...... sob! I want to look like that!


Hubby has suggested that I don't really work that cleanly in the garden. How dare he!! If I had those trousers I'd never wipe my hands on them. I promise. I really covet the waistcoat thingy, beautiful, gorgeous, so practical, love the colour. The rose gloves are wonderful too....sigh...

I'm saving up. Might just buy nasty food for a few months so I can siphon off the funds to have the entire outfit.... and the hair, healthy youthful glow and the stunning garden... Ah bliss! I'm in my happy place now.

Take a look, you'll be hooked too...http://www.gardengirl.co.uk//

 

9 comments:

  1. You mean my baggy, brown stuff covered pants and holey shirt arn't good enough anymore? The chickens wouldn't recognize me. Nor would my wife for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back away from the pretty pictures, don't do anything silly, calm down and have a cup of tea - yes they are lovely, I know. I know this because I have been there. It is a path strewn with disappointment - well it was for me and they didn't look half as nice on me as they did on the model! (OK it was the Framer's Weekly I was looking at and some nice overalls, but the same principal applies!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does one actually have to garden in order to be attired thus? I do pull the odd weed but apart from that....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking Margo from The Good Life on the day she helped out. Are you a Margo or a Barbara?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Petra Maison and they look suspiciously like the new J Brands to me...yes it's me and I've lots to tell....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes.....that's my kind of gardening kit......I do actually have a very, very old picture of me in wellingtons, a sort babydoll-flowery-dress and a large straw hat attempting to dig a friend's vegetable patch whilest visiting ...... I was moved to kitchen duties instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled upon your lovely blog :) How we would love to live in the rural UK - seems so lovely. Your newest follower, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! LOVELY! I am sure I would be far more effective in the garden if I were dressed the part. My faded and stretched jumper from Gap, the paint splattered jeans and the falling apart wellies really need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha Ha this post was so funny!
    Looking at the wistful well lit picture (reminded me of an advert for panty liners) may I point out this is Lara Croft gear re-packaged in lovely soft femenine colours! Don't be fooled by the 'we are not really combats just lots of pockets vibe' If you send me your pic, I'll Photoshop your face in, then you can stick the pic on your fridge, it might just to tide you over while you are saving up.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon