Thursday 15 April 2010

Sheep rustling....well almost...

Due to my previous post I have been advised by a very kind fellow blogger not to get too distressed by my attempt to clean the house before guests arrive. Thank you Natural Selection. Deep breath....

Just as well really as one of my stable tenants has just ridden up with a lamb slung across her saddle which had been clipped by a rubbish motorist. We have now spent the best part of 30 mins travelling the hills and dales searching for a mummy sheep..... Secretly I wanted to keep said lamb to raise myself but I know that wasn't nature's intention.... BUT I still have several of the 5yo's bottles and teats that I could fashion into sheep bosoms... Ok, Ok I hear you! Baby lamb is best left to search for his mummy .... We certainly placed him with all the mummy's with the black spots that graze across the hills and he was eating grass so I'm hoping he'll be ok ....

Having carried the cutie in my arms I now smell rather interesting and am once again very smug about having purchased Dizzy Disco at the auction. As the vehicle smells like a farmer's armpit I feel the lamb must have felt very at home in the footwell.

When we arrived back at the house the 5yo and the 7yo were really misty eyed, I presume the country-side is so full of new joys and interests for them....

'Mummy?' they said.

'Yes Darlings?' I replied putting on my flowery pinny and whistling for a garden robin to come sit on my finger...

'Can we play Nintendo DS now?....'

....Grrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, if you get the chance(in between cleaning!) pop over to my blog as you have an award waiting for you to collect. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Oh goody another thing to do... This has got my mind thinking however, if I told you some of the things I might have to kill you ... (James Bond style)... I did used to work for MI5 you know, oh hang on, that may have been MFI...

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon