Thursday 29 April 2010

Anticipation...and disappointment..boo hiss...

I'd been desperate to see it...actually not so desperate that I'd buy it, rent it or borrow it...but nonetheless when I saw that Slum Dog Millionaire was going to be on telly, I leapt about a bit and planned a picnic of wine and crisps. Husband groaned, he hates anything like that, y'know, smushy love stuff set in foreign lands. Bless, he can't understand why the telly can't just play back-to-back CSI's forever?!!

Having watched it - and I almost didn't get to the end let me tell you, I'd like to know what the heck the fuss was about? Yes, interesting film, interesting setting, cool sound track, but brilliant? Ooh-ahh-padded-bra good? No I don't think so.

Please say I'm not the only one!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well first of all I've given up on the Telly all together don't watch it all. You can get what you want when you want on Youtube anyway..
    I'm having a medal of "patience" struck for you in your honor, I for one could not sit through it..I only hope that the children who participated in this film have a better quality of life. there is some controversy involved in regard to compensation and living conditions.

    On a lighter note! how is the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Batman. But HOW did they get so much hype?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get what all the fuss was about. I found it upsetting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh I don't know I loved it but I'm odd...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Feel-good film of the decade' my a*se.

    Child falls into slurry, unrelenting slum action, domestic violence and corrupt officialdom.

    Hijus.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon