Saturday 1 May 2010

My Book and Truck Tyres...

Oh I've been busy as a nailer this week.

I spent two days away from the nest (childless) to progress my children's book with a famous author....I would tell you who it is, but if I did that I'd probably have to kill you, so entrenched in espionage is his wonderful writing......He's been so generous with his time; questioning my characters' relationships and challenging my mind to create an authentic story. Thank you, thank you G.

I returned home, elated and tired. I was back on duty at 6am, waking the babies for school. The 5yo looked at me, bleary-eyed and asked;
'Is your girl book finished yet? Can you write Star Wars now?'
Would that I could sweetie, but think that Mr Lucas might get a bit cross. Mind you, if I got away with it I'd be able to afford the school fees AND get the house painted!!....and murder that bloody ensuite...

Yesterday I passed a huge tyre depot, tucked away at the back of Ludlow. I was in Dizzy Disco so I pulled in and asked if I could have some free truck tyres for the kids to play on. The man looked a bit dazed, but got it when I explained I was too mean to buy toys. He loaded me up with two enormous tyres and promised me more...tyres I mean!

This weekend heralds the arrival of yet more guests, what a social spot The Larches is. Roast chicken this evening with roasted veg and home made chicken stock and for pud; bbq bananas with chocolate and cream...peasant fare this weekend. Love it....(unless Natural Selection would like to pop over and do paella...oh well gotta dream...)

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun about the book, please do tell me more.

    I am sure the children will love the truck tires too

    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu've won another award - the Beautiful Blog Award! Here's where you may collect it: http://jollyoldengland.blogspot.com/
    The tyres sound great. What kind of book are you writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too scared to blog about the book lest I jinx it! Imminent news, soooo nervous....gulp, gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, when your book is published, you MUST let us know.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon