Wednesday 26 May 2010

OMG! Snaaaaaake!

If you've been following blog.... (er-hem! What d'ya mean you've been busy!!!?) ... then you'll know we have a grass snake in the pond, 'bout 30cms long. (That's 12 girl inches.)

WELL STOP PRESS......
I've just seen a whopper, no camera this time sorry! In any case, I shot off, in case it ate me. It slithered into the pond. I think we're living at Hogwarts!!!! I'm sure it's an anoconda, and I've seen how that film ends! It was at least 100cms and green....urghhhhh!

On an upside, d'ya think Chis Packham might be interested?

9 comments:

  1. Get tweeting to springwatch you never know - but if he comes then so am I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweeting, springwatch....geddit? - good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy? Who me? Guilty as charged, but I saw your last video of the snake.

    You do know that now we are expecting you to stalk that whopper of a snake? We want pics and/or video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In New York State, (where I worked when I was 19,) I tried to pick up a Copperhead snake; mistaking it for a grass snake. Doh! It leapt away from me about 2 metres....clearly realising I was derranged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like one of these: http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/grass_snake.htm
    they can be enormous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure Chris Packham will be straight round...............

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justherdingcats: Just off to do my hair, legs, pits....
    Tattie: That's the baby..must be the mummy! Wide berth on the compost heap for June/July apparently!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big time 'eeeeeeeeeeek!' We had a chap round to clear our wilderness (garden to anyone else) a couple of years ago and he found several snake skins which the kids thought were fantastic. It took several days and lots of chocolate to get me off the roof.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon