Saturday, 26 June 2010

Gosh Golly Cucumbers for Tea!



It's a real joy to be able to step out your door and pick something for tea. I remember a friend telling me last year that she had eaten a whole meal comprising only of produce from her garden; eggs, potatoes, chives, lettuce, cucumber, beans, tomatoes. (She asked to be forgiven for the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, butter and sauvignon blanc!) I was jealous at the time but this year its our turn. It is so yummy, stuff the budget; we're eating for free!!

Actually it probably cost me £40 to set up with seeds, a few bags of compost and a splurge on two new trowels which the children have commandeered and lost in the garden! But it's money well spent as we'll be eating fruit and veg till the late Autumn, I really shouldn't have to buy anything except citrus fruits and bananas.

Here's some of our sucesses so far.




The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon