Wednesday 2 June 2010

A Formal Introduction

Now I'm ashamed to say, that I've never really formally introduced you to the girls, although I'm constantly talking about Rooster! I call him Rooster but I've been reliably informed by the 5yo, that Rooster's real name is Road Runner. Good point, I'd forgotten that.

Anyhoo.....here are the gals:


Peachy, a terribly good natured girl



Snow Pink was originally called Snow White, until she gashed her body on a nail. I was forced to throw her on an operating table and spray her with animal anticeptic which is bright purple! Her chest has since faded to a pink colour.



Whitey, has remained Whitey as she's still just white!



Chocolate, with Cadbury flavoured feathers......I wish.



Lucy, our shy girl, who especially likes her layers pellets.



Pecky, on account of her peckyness! She almost had a friend's diamond ring the other day.....maybe we should call her Tea-Leaf!




Naughty Norah is utterly bananas. She is first out, last in. Wanders off by herself and is constantly in trouble. Last week we lost her, she was found under an upturned bin in the wood shed by husband!


A better pic of Naughty Norah!

4 comments:

  1. I love them all! I adore hens, until you've had them you would never know the little characters they have - yours def. look like characters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to meet you all girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved meeting your girls. I miss my chickens so much (we have awful rat problems in the canyon) but you've inspired me to start again.

    So glad to have found your wonderful blog.

    Miss W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, thanks for sharing! If we were allowed to have chickens, I might be tempted...but alas, not in the city.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon